HPX majority-owned subsidiary Kaizen Discovery and partner ITOCHU commence drilling on Aspen Grove project in southern BC
HPX majority-owned subsidiary Kaizen Discovery Inc. (TSXV: KZD) and partner ITOCHU commenced with the 2016 exploration drilling program at the Aspen Grove Project. Approximately 3,500 metres of drilling, in eight holes, is planned for this year's program. The 2016 exploration program will follow up on significant 2015 drill intercepts within the Ketchan porphyry system; test new targets on the eastern margin of a major interpreted controlling structure; and test beneath undrilled surface mineralization and historic drill holes that ended in mineralization.
The Aspen Grove Project covers 112 km2 near the city of Merritt in southern British Columbia's premier porphyry copper belt, part way between the Copper Mountain and Highland Valley copper mines. The project covers part of an extensive belt of porphyry copper-gold mineralization hosted by Early Triassic Nicola Group volcanic rocks and Late Triassic to Early Jurassic intrusions.
Kaizen owns 60% of Aspen Grove and is the project's operator, with Kaizen's strategic partner, ITOCHU Corporation of Japan, owning the other 40% interest.
For more information please see Kaizen's press release here.