At every HPX project we strive to protect the health and safety of our employees and partners, operate sustainably and conduct all business with respect and integrity.
We work in a variety of locations worldwide, from Africa and Asia, to Australia and the Americas. Each location requires a robust system to carefully assess the risks specific to each project to ensure we protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and partners, operate sustainably and conduct all business with respect and integrity.
We have a firm belief that if work is properly planned and executed, all incidents can be prevented. Our goal is to work in a planned and controlled manner. We will do this by ensuring all equipment is in excellent condition, that our work procedures ensure safe operations and that our people are properly trained and agree to work in our prescribed manner.
Wherever we operate, we will:
- Ensure everyone understands the task and is ready to perform it.
- Ensure our employees and contractors are treated equally.
- Meet or exceed all regulations and Health, Safety, Environment and Community (HSEC) Management System requirements.
- Provide a drug and alcohol free workplace.
- Implement environmental protection measures that address pollution prevention in all phases of our operations.
- Engage with and support the communities where we operate.
- Maintain a constant vigilance and readiness to prevent, and where required, respond to and effectively manage any incident.
- Set HSEC objectives and targets.
- Drive continual improvement in all activities.
- Accept no performance level other than Zero Harm.