Eric Finlayson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Cordoba Minerals Corp. (TSXV:CDB; OTCQB:CDBMF) has providde an update on the ongoing Pre-Feasibility Study (“PFS”) at its 100%-owned Alacran Copper-Gold-Silver Project. The Alacran project is located in the Department of Córdoba of northern Colombia in a newly-recognized Laramide-age porphyry copper-gold district.
“We are making excellent progress on our PFS fieldwork and we remain on track for finalizing the study before the end of 2021. We are pleased to see a good correlation between the resource block model and the metallurgical holes we have drilled. This confirms that we have a robust mineral resource at Alacran. We are also about to reactivate our search for the hidden porphyry sources of mineralization at Alacran and Montiel West. A porphyry copper discovery would be the platform for the next stage of growth for the Company,” commented Mr. Finlayson.
- The Mining Technical Work Plan (PTO) and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), required for a Colombian mining licence application, remain on schedule. The PTO is expected to be submitted in Q4 2021 and the EIA in Q1 2022.
- 52 of 94 planned drill holes have been completed. These holes are being drilled for geotechnical, hydrological and metallurgical testing, with some resource in-fill holes planned to convert Inferred Resources to the Measured & Indicated categories. Assay results from the in-fill drilling will be announced when available.
- All 63 excavator pits required for geotechnical investigations have been completed.
- Drill core from four of the seven planned metallurgical holes is now at Blue Coast Research on Vancouver Island undergoing metallurgical test work. Each hole sampled a different part of the orebody.
- Assay data have been received for six of the metallurgical drill holes.
- Cordoba’s exploration team is currently designing a geophysical and drilling program to search for the porphyry sources of the Alacran and Montiel West deposits.
Please see Cordoba’s news release for complete details.