Kaizen

HPX’s 67%-owned subsidiary Kaizen Discovery Inc. (KZD.V) owns 90% of the Pinaya project in Peru, with the remaining 10% owned by Itochu.

Pinaya is in the prolific Andahuaylas-Yauri porphyry/skarn belt, which hosts several leading valuable mines including:

  • Las Bambas (MMG): $91Bn in-ground
  • Constancia: $21Bn in-ground
  • Tintaya: $20Bn in-ground

The Pinaya copper-gold deposit has an N.I. 43-101 reported Measured Resource of 8.2 Mt at 0.33% Cu and 0.6 g/t Au; Indicated Resource of 33.5 Mt at 0.32% Cu and 0.46 g/t Au and an Inferred Resource of 40.2 Mt at 0.36% Cu and 0.30 g/t Au; with a 0.25 g/t Au and 0.3% CuEq cut-off (see 26 April 2016 news release). Pinaya is estimated to have an in-ground value of 3.9 Bn, and has significant expansion potential.

Kaizen and Itochu are currently completing a $5M exploration program at Pinaya, and if successful this will confirm the upside potential of the resource and present opportunities to fund economic studies and eventually mine construction.

Why Pinaya?

Peru is the second-largest copper-producing country in the world.

Kaizen is building on the foundation of historic work such as:

  • Drilling: 160 diamond drill holes (46,530 m), primarily in the resource area.
  • Soil sampling and trenching: 6,000 samples taken throughout the property.
  • Geophysics: Magnetics, IP survey over resource area, property-wide ZTEM survey.

Resource is open to North and South and the deeper resistive target which extends to the east remains untested.


Looking North


© 2018 High Power Exploration Inc.
All rights reserved.